My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

What type of doctors treat varicose and spider veins?

Related Topics: Spider Vein

Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

5,093 Answers
266,873 Helpful Votes

Doctors providing surgical treatments (stripping and laser ablation) include general and vascular surgeons. Sclerotherapy and laser treatments are often performed by dermatologists. Some general, vascular, and plastic surgeons also perform sclerotherapy treatments. You may want to consult more than one doctor before deciding on a method of treatment. Be sure to ask the doctors about their experience in performing the procedure you want.

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer
Archived: March 20, 2014

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

11 of 15 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: Varicose Veins