- Take Pristiq exactly as your healthcare provider has told you.
- Take Pristiq at about the same time each day.
- Pristiq may be taken either with or without food.
- Swallow Pristiq tablets whole, with fluid. Do not crush, cut, chew, or dissolve Pristiq tablets because the tablets are time-released.
- When you take Pristiq, you may see something in your stool that looks like a tablet. This is the empty shell from the tablet after the medicine has been absorbed by your body.
- It is common for antidepressant medicines such as Pristiq to take several weeks before you start to feel better. Do not stop taking Pristiq if you do not feel results right away.
- Do not stop taking or change the dose of Pristiq without talking with your healthcare provider, even if you feel better.
- Talk with your healthcare provider about how long you should use Pristiq. Take Pristiq for as long as your healthcare provider tells you to.
- If you miss a dose of Pristiq, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not try to “make up” for the missed dose by taking two doses at the same time.
- Do not take more Pristiq than prescribed by your healthcare provider. If you take more Pristiq than the amount prescribed, contact your healthcare provider right away.
- In case of an overdose of Pristiq, call your healthcare provider or poison control center, or go to the emergency room right away.
This answer should not be considered medical advice...This answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.
Thanks for your feedback.
5 of 13 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: Pristiq