Use Aldara cream exactly as prescribed by your health care provider. Aldara cream is for skin use only. Do not take by mouth or use in or near your eyes, lips or nostrils. Do not use Aldara cream unless your health care provider has taught you the right way to use it. Talk to your health care provider if you have any questions.
Aldara cream is used for several skin conditions. Use Aldara cream only on the area of your body to be treated.
Your health care provider will tell you where to apply Aldara cream and how often and for how long to apply it for your condition. Do not use Aldara cream longer than prescribed.
Applying Aldara cream.
Aldara cream should be applied just before your bedtime.
- Wash the area to be treated with mild soap and water. Allow the area to dry.
- Uncircumcised males treating warts under their penis foreskin must pull their foreskin back and clean before treatment, and clean daily during the weeks of treatment.
- Wash your hands.
- Open a new packet of Aldara cream just before use.
- Apply a thin layer of Aldara cream only to the affected area or areas to be treated. Do not use more Aldara cream than is needed to cover the treatment area.
- Rub the cream in all the way to the affected area or areas.
- Do not get Aldara cream in your eyes.
- Do not get Aldara cream in the anus when applying to perianal warts.
- Female patients treating genital warts must be careful when applying Aldara cream around the vaginal opening. Female patients should take special care if applying the cream at the opening of the vagina because local skin reactions on the delicate moist surfaces can cause pain or swelling, and may cause problems passing urine. Do not put Aldara cream in your vagina or on the skin around the genital wart.
- Do not cover the treated area with an airtight bandage. Cotton gauze dressings can be used. Cotton underwear can be worn after applying Aldara cream to the genital or perianal area.
- Safely throw away the open packet of Aldara cream so that children and pets cannot get it. The open packet should be thrown away even if all the Aldara cream was not completely used.
- After applying Aldara cream, wash your hands well.
- Leave the cream on the affected area or areas for the time prescribed by your health care provider. Do not bathe or get the treated area wet before the right time has passed. Do not leave Aldara cream on your skin longer than prescribed.
- After the right amount of time has passed, wash the treated area or areas with mild soap and water.
- If you forget to apply Aldara cream, apply the missed dose of cream as soon as you remember and then continue on your regular schedule.
- If you get Aldara cream in your mouth or in your eyes, rinse well with water right away.
This answer should not be considered medical advice...This answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.
Thanks for your feedback.
4 of 4 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: Aldara