Q.

How should I take Avelox?

A.
  • Take Avelox once a day exactly as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
  • Take Avelox at about the same time each day.
  • Avelox Tablets should be swallowed.
  • Avelox can be taken with or without food.
  • Drink plenty of fluids while taking Avelox.
  • Avelox IV is given to you by intravenous (IV) infusion into your vein slowly, over 60 minutes, as prescribed by your health care provider.
  • Do not skip any doses, or stop taking Avelox even if you begin to feel better, until you finish your prescribed treatment, unless:
    • You have tendon effects.
    • You have a serious allergic reaction.
    • Your health care provider tells you to stop.
      This will help make sure that all of the bacteria are killed and lower the chance that the bacteria will become resistant to Avelox. If this happens, Avelox and other antibiotic medicines may not work in the future.
  • If you miss a dose of Avelox, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take more than 1 dose of Avelox in one day.
  • If you take too much, call your health care provider or get medical help immediately.

Read the Original Article: Avelox