AndroGel can cause serious side effects including:
- If you already have enlargement of your prostate gland your signs and symptoms can get worse while using AndroGel. This can include:
- Increased urination at night.
- Trouble starting your urine stream.
- Having to pass urine many times during the day.
- Having an urge that you have to go to the bathroom right away.
- Having a urine accident.
- Being unable to pass urine or weak urine flow.
- Possible increased risk of prostate cancer. Your healthcare provider should check you for prostate cancer or any other prostate problems before you start and while you use AndroGel.
- In large doses, AndroGel may lower your sperm count.
- Swelling of your ankles, feet, or body, with or without heart failure.
- Enlarged or painful breasts.
- Having problems breathing while you sleep (sleep apnea).
- Blood clots in the legs. This can include pain, swelling or redness of your legs.
Call your healthcare provider right away if you have any of the serious side effects listed above.
The most common side effects of AndroGel include:
- Skin irritation where AndroGel is applied.
- Increased cholesterol levels.
- Increased prostate specific antigen (a test used to screen for prostate cancer).
- Increased red blood cell count.
- Increased liver function tests.
Other side effects include more erections than are normal for you or erections that last a long time.
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of AndroGel. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
This answer should not be considered medical advice...This answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.
Thanks for your feedback.
32 of 39 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: Androgel